FoNTRA is managed by a Steering Committee of volunteers with an interest in FoNTRA’s mission and a background of involvement in residents associations and leadership in their issues.
Steering Committee provides direction to the FoNTRA organization by:
- Ensuring regular meetings of member associations to discuss the current planning issues and share ideas on how to be effective in addressing them;
- Ensuring that the appropriate FoNTRA communications are provided on agreed matters to City Committees and Council and to the Provincial government as appropriate;
- Co-ordinating initiatives with similar organizations in Toronto and in Ontario on common issues; and
- Manages membership dues to support agreed FoNTRA initiatives.
The 2022 members of the Steering Committee are:
- Co-Chair – Geoff Kettel
- Co-Chair – Cathie Macdonald
- John Bossons
- Tom Cohen
- Andy Gort
- Sheila Harrison
- Maureen Kapral
- Al Kivi
- Terry Mills
- Matthias Schlaepfer
- Terry West
Regular Meeting Dates
FoNTRA Steering Committee meetings are held every second Tuesday each month (except August) from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
The Steering Committee members are kept advised of current issues throughout the month via emails. Immediate action/responses may be required on some items to meet stipulated deadlines so discussion/consensus will take place via email. These items and new discussion items are reviewed at the monthly Steering Committee meeting.
The typical structure of the agenda for a Steering Committee meeting:
- Welcome and agenda approval
- FoNTRA organization matters
- City Planning Issues
- Official Plan (Our Plan)
- Tribunal Update
- Area based
- Provincial Issues – update